We are a fast-growing training academy, primarily based in Bradford with view to expand further out, providing courses in all aspects of Beauty and Hairdressing and due to expansion are now looking for tutors in nails, makeup, hair and massage to deliver VTCT accredited courses.
If you have the relevant training in Level 3 nails, makeup, hair and/or massage along with a relevant teaching qualification (PTLLS or above) and are A1/TAQA qualified then you may just be the person we need!
We are looking for a high-performing, highly motivated and experienced tutor/assessor who is comfortable designing and producing course paperwork including SOWs, lesson plans, course notes and handouts, as well as delivery.
The role will entail
- Delivery of an effective programme of learning in nails, makeup, hair and/or massage Assessing learners.
- To plan, establish and sustain good relationships with all learners.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of courses. This may include but not restricted to scheme of work, lesson plans, course material, hand-outs, individual learning plans, reviews and other student related paperwork.
- Establish strategies for dealing with poor attendance, punctuality, behaviour and class performance
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities at all time within consideration to the Academy’s promotion of Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and any other policies implemented.
- Keeping registers and other students as required by funding rules and for statistic purposes
- A DBS (formerly CRB) check will need to be completed prior to commencement of employment
- Full on-going CPD
- Liaise with centre manager (and other staff members) to ensure a smooth running of courses
- Undertake additional work to ensure quality and compliance is met to the highest standards.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the learning programmes.
L3 or above qualification in either Nail Technology, Makeup Artistry, Hairdressing or Massage Therapy
Teaching qualification (PTLLS or above)
Assessor qualification (A1, TAQA or equivalent)
Knowledge and familiarity with VTCT documentation
Proven track record of successful completion of portfolios with success rates
Competency in completing course compliance documentation in line with SFA guidelines
Experience of teaching post-16
Experience of assessing
Good IT skills
Job Type: Part-time