19+ Advanced Learning Loans
If you’re 19 or over and want to study qualifications at level 3 or 4, you will have to pay your college or training organisation for the cost of your course. If you are employed, your employer may be willing to pay some or all of your course fees.
The 19+ Advanced Learning Loan has been introduced by the Government to help you meet the costs of getting these qualifications. It’s easy to apply for and doesn’t involve a credit check or take your household income into account.
You pay the loan back in instalments, but not until you’re earning over £25,000 a year.
To be eligible for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan you must:
- be aged 19 or over at the start of your course
- be undertaking an eligible course at Level 3 or above at an approved college or training organisation in England
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there’s no restrictions on how long you can stay).
A 19+ Advanced Learning Loan can be used to pay for the following advanced and higher level courses at Blueline College:
- Diploma Customer Service Level 3
- Diploma in Hairdressing (VTCT) Level 3
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy (VTCT) level 3
- Diploma in Makeup (VTCT) level 3
- Diploma in Nail Technology (VTCT) level3
How to apply
To apply for a loan to fund a Blueline College course:
- Contact Blueline College to find out if the course is right for you
- Ask Blueline College for a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter – you need this to complete the application. It contains the details about your course.
- You’ll get a letter confirming your loan – usually within 2 weeks if you apply online (postal applications take longer).
Repayments will be automatically deducted from your income through the tax system from the April after you complete or leave the course but only when your income is more than £25,000 a year.